#100DaysOfFitness: A Simplistic Way to Get in Shape This Year
I don’t really consider myself out of shape, but I’m also not where I want to be. I’ve wanted to do something like this for a while, but just kept putting it off. I really don’t like push-ups and curl-ups, but my body isn’t going to get in shape doing nothing. At least not the shape I want. Some people only do stuff to get in shape for summer. I missed the timing for that, but I’m OK with that. Although this challenge is only 100 days long ,this is the beginning of a new way of living. I enjoy running, but the hardest part is finding time.
I made a change in my schedule. Fitness is no longer something I fit in where I can, I have intenionally put it on my calendar.
Overall Fitness Goals
Since I’m only tracking number for running, push-ups, and curl-ups, it may seem like this is focused on my Navy Reserve physical readiness test (PRT). That’s important, but there are other reasons I want to be in the best possible shape.
- Kids. My kids are 4 and 11. I want to be able to keep up with them as they get older.
- Fire Department. Be fit enough to continue doing my job as a volunteer firefighter for many years to come.
- Navy Reserve PRT. Improve the score on my fitness test.
- MapMyRun You vs the Year 2018. I’ve signed up for the challenge to run 1018 KM (~633 miles) this year. So far I’m a little behind from where I’d like to be, at 190 KM (~118 miles), with 206 days to go.
For the purpose of this challenge, a week will begin on Monday and end on Sunday. Every week, I want to:
- Run an average of 20 miles.
- Do at least 75 push-ups. This breaks down to 15 push-ups five times a week.
- Do at least 150 curl-ups. This breaks down to 30 curl-ups five times a week.
- Post my progress, to include:
- Running Distance.
- Running Time.
- Waist measurement.
- Other, such as physical activities not specifically being tracked.
- Steps Taken calculated by my FitBit.
- Running Distance.
- Tweet my progress using the #100DaysOfX and #100DaysOfFitness hashtags.
On your mark, get set, go!
Have you started you own fitness routine? What are you doing to get in shape? What are your goals? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments!
2018 is my year to get fit. I intend to post a before and after picture. As a starting point, my day measurements are:
- Weight: 205.2
- Waist: 36-1/4″